- About Us
- Civil War
Historic buildings, sites, and districts; distinctive natural landscapes; museums; parks; and other arts and cultural resources located in Certified Heritage Areas (non-profit or local government entities) are eligible to receive Maryland Heritage Area Authority (MHAA) grants for capital and non-capital projects. Grant applicants must be physically located in the county's designated heritage areas, roughly speaking, the Agricultural Reserve, the
Grants range from $5,000 to $50,000 for non-capital projects and $5,000 to $100,000 for capital projects and all require a 75% cash match.
Grants are submitted to MHAA through the local heritage areas (i.e. Heritage Montgomery) where they are reviewed and ranked prior to final submission to the state.
- Intent to Apply online forms due end of January
- Grants due to Heritage Montgomery: late February/early March
- HM grant review and feedback: mid March
- Final grants due to MHAA: early April
For more details, grant guidelines & application forms, visit the Maryland Historical Trust
FY 2016 MHAA Grants
- Application materials available online at Maryland Historical Trust by January 1, 2015
- Intent to Apply form due January 31, 2015
- Contact the Heritage Montgomery office (301-515-0753) with any questions about your potential MHAA Grant application